This pic I took in February - the last "official" border on the Patchwork Posse round robin. I've actually added another border of my own devising since then. I'll show you that in a day or so.
|Border of flowers, embroidered and appliqued|
Pretty cool huh? Each flower centre is unique, and all made from leftovers of other fabrics used in the quilt.
|Yellow flower on the left will have a button in the centre, after quilting.|
What I've learned today:
It's not always a good idea to work on more than one project at the same time.
There is the above quilt, which I'm itching to get quilted (first have to get/make the backing). And there is also a quilt I began early last year, which my daughter was going to have to keep warm with last winter (i.e. June - August). Then, the goal was for xmas. Now, the goal is her birthday - which is in one month.
I'm trying, I really am. (In case you're wondering, I've yet to show any pics of it.)
It doesn't help that I've "misplaced" two blocks. Instead of wasting time looking, I've decided I'll make a couple of replacement blocks.
That's bound to make them turn up.