Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's December already?

Oh my, it's been a long while since my last post. Things have been quite frantic at home, what with the school year ending (the kids are now at home with me full time for 6 weeks or so (along with hubby, who's taking 5 weeks off for his annual leave, to have a decent break over summer)), and getting ready for xmas -- which is only 6 sleeps away!! How did that sneak up so quickly? I believe 2010 has been the fastest year on record. I really do not know where all the time has gone.
On a brighter note, I've sewn the latest border on my Patchwork Posse round robin quilt. I left it until the last possible moment, as it looked quite complicated. But the instructions were easy to follow, phew. Now I know how to do seminole piecing! One of the best ideas was to use starch. I'd never used it before, so that was a learning curve. But overall, the part that took the longest was choosing which colour fabrics to use.

I managed to get it into the Flickr group in time to go into the drawing, and I won! Yay! What did I win, you ask? A pattern from Morning Glory Designs and a copy of Quiltmaker's Magazine, 100 Blocks vol. 2.

Yeeha, first time I've won something online!

What I've learned today: starch is my new best friend :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog!