Sunday, February 24, 2013

Skill Builder, at last...

I finished these two blocks today:

The Sound Wave

Magnum
They are the first two blocks of the Skill Builder BOM at Pile O' Fabric, which I first mentioned a couple of days ago. Both are based on improv piecing, which lets you relax a bit and not be so nitpicky.

I am so in love with the colours and fabrics I've chosen for this quilt. But I must remember to take photos during the day in natural sunlight next time! Flourescent light just isn't the same, *sigh*.

This is going to be a Quilt As You Go project. I haven't chosen any backing fabrics yet, but when I do, I'll be Free Motion Quilting every block as I go along, as time permits.



2 comments:

  1. Love your blocks. I signed up for that quilt along, but hAven't gotten around to starting anything yet. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a lot for me to begin this one, leaving the trickiest until last I think. But once I'd decided upon the colours I'd use, I got excited about it and couldn't wait to get started.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog!