Saturday, February 2, 2013

Back to Square One


Back to Square One Medallion Mystery is a fun BOM that Judy from Patchwork Times has created, along with Vicki from Field Trips in Fiber. The end result will be a medallion-type quilt, 92” x 92”. Clues will be given each month, keeping the final design mysteriously secret. I was intrigued enough to give it a go.

These are my fabric choices:

Not having enough of any one fabric (except for the background, which is an op shop sheet!), I’ve gone deliberately scrappy. It’s a gamble, but I reckon 2013 is a year to take chances. If my end result turns out horrendous, I’ll just use it as a backing. But I’m pretty sure that won’t happen.


Here are my bits from the January clues:

Do you like my artful arrangement? No, I don’t have any inside knowledge of the final block arrangement... I was just playing. Trying for a more interesting composition. Next time I won't photograph the pieces on the carpet, as it's the same colour as some of the blue triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog!