Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Quick as a fox!

The Sew Along I'm introducing today is by Becky from Patchwork Posse, and it's being hosted by Heather over at The Sewing Loft. Quick as a Fox is a 9-block sampler quilt, with some interesting blocks and great hints and tips along the way.

This is the selection of fabric I've chosen:
If it looks familiar, that's because it is. I'm using the same fabric for two quilts; the other I showed you three days ago, the Quilt Doodle BOM Sampler. There's 12 blocks in that quilt, 9 in this one, all 12 inches square, so I'll have enough for a larger-than-lap quilt (sadly, I have no need of lap quilts). Hopefully. If I keep the momentum up, and don't relegate either or both projects to the UFO pile, then I might even make a few extra blocks to go with them.

Block 1 - Log Cabin... Instead of light/dark, I went turquoise/orange

Block 2 - Flying Geese
Quick as a Fox runs from 8 January to 26 March, with a new block every week. As I write, I'm only two blocks behind; block 3 is cut, ready to sew, and block 4 only came out today, so I don't actually feel I'm behind.

Not on this one, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog!