Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Back to the wonder of a land in winter

Phew, it would've been a lot easier to just say Winter Wonderland, but I already have a blog post with that title, and I don't like to repeat.

The second row in this round robin row quilt has snowflakes on either side of a central embroidered panel. I figured it would be quicker to do the piecing rather than the embroidery, so I made the six star blocks first. And that was when I became unsure about which fabric to use as the background for the stitchery (which I'll stitch in black). So, as usual, I tried out some options and snapped some pics.
My original choice - the central fabric is white with pale blue stripes running horizontally (and not used anywhere else in this row).

Second choice - same blue as the snowflakes. Too much blue?

Last choice - I used this shirt fabric in the centres of the snowflakes, so reusing it here would give it some cohesion I guess. And the subtle shading adds interest.
Okay, so before I started typing today I was up in the air about which one to use. But now, after loading those pics and explaining my reasons for selecting each one, I've settled on a final choice.

Tune in in a few days to see which one won.
Or leave a comment, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog!